Neighbourhood Development Plan – we need your help!
Utkinton and Cotebrook Parish has been approved by Cheshire West and Chester Council to go ahead with the creation of a Neighbourhood Development Plan and the process will be led by Parish Councillor Ian Priestner.
A leaflet about why we are creating a Neighbourhood Plan will be produced and circulated to all households in the Parish early in the New Year and questionnaire asking for your views on what you want the Parish to look like in the future. We will publish more details on our website www.utkintonandcotebrook.com and on our Facebook page.
We are calling for volunteers to join a Steering Group to pilot the Plan through to its final adoption.
Please contact us through the website ‘Feedback and Comments’ page if you need any more information
This will probably be our last entry this year and we want to thank you for reading and to ask you to keep the comments coming. The Parish Council is involved in many projects and discussions:
- Trying to ensure that the parish doesn’t get over-developed – particularly with Northgate Field awaiting decision but keeping in mind the need for really affordable housing
- Finding a safe way for pedestrians and cyclists to get to and from Tarporley – and that may include a footpath and cycleway as well as looking at speed restrictions on Utkinton Road
- Exploring the possibilities of extending the current dial-a-ride services but will want to hear your opinions
- Putting a flashing sign in Cotebrook to try and reduce the speed of traffic on the A49 – we already installed a flashing speed sign above the school on Quarry Bank
- Challenging the designation of Utkinton as a ‘Local Service Centre’ in CWaC’s ‘Local Plan 2’ consultations
- Along with the school, the PTA and CWaC we have looked at the possibility of putting playground equipment on the school playing field – there isn’t a decision yet but we will let everyone know exactly what the plans are once the Diocese makes up its mind. We are mindful of a few voices of objection and will take their views into account.
- Continuing to look for opportunities to find places for recreation in the Parish.
- Our website will have had almost 13,000 visitors by the end of 2016 – please keep on reading and if you, or your club/society have an event that you wish to publicise please get in touch. We are also looking at different ways to talk to ALL 700+ parishioners and 310 households
- Looking for another Councillor – so please get in touch if you would like to contribute to the future of your Parish.
The Parish Council meets every 2nd Tuesday in either Cotebrook or Utkinton Village Hall – we would welcome seeing more of you there.
Chair – Utkinton & Cotebrook Parish Council